Saturday 25 April 2015

View of the world

One of the things on the list I was most looking forward to was to eat at a top 10 restaurant in Australia.  My sister Jacqui and I thought we should do Vue de Monde at the Rialto in Melbourne as I already had a restaurant task in Sydney on the list.  We had to book 3 months out so it was a long wait but boy was it worth it!  

We had a fantastic table near the kitchen which was fully open for all to see the smooth running of the evening.  Everything was extravagant and it really is an 'experience' you are going for as well as amazing food... fine dining at it's best.  


We had to make one of our own dishes by crushing leaves once dry ice had been poured over them. The wine decanter was a spectacular, the cheese selection was out of this world. We chose 7 dishes (from memory it was a choice of a minimum of 5 and maximum of 9 or 10).  Jacqui and Adam are vego and their dishes were amazing, as were my meat counterparts.  And yes I ate the chocolate souffle and loved every bit of it.

If you go, make sure you have around $350 per head ready... so worth every cent.


No comments:

Post a Comment